Meta Tags are hidden HTML tags used in the HEAD section of your web pages to provide information about your website or web page to search engines. Moreover, Meta Tags are used to control your web page description in the search. It is important to have properly made Meta Tags because they could help to grow your Search Engine position.
It's not that difficult to make Meta Tags but we've made it simple for you by offering you this free Meta Tags wizard or generator (Free Meta Tag Builder & Fetcher). By filling out all the sections of this code generator wizard it will create perfect Meta Tags. These Meta Tags can then be put in the HTML or PHP source of your website.
Listed below is a definition of each Meta Tag and what to enter into the Free Meta Tag Generator to create your own.
Title: Enter the Title of your web page.
Description: The description that will often appear in the search results of many search engines. Enter 2 to 3 sentences that describe your site or web page. You should limit it to 160 characters.
Keywords: Keywords or keyword phrases that apply to the subject of your web page. Keywords and keyword phrases should be listed in order of importance. Separate each keyword or keyword phrase with commas and keep the length of the entire list under 255 characters.
Robots: This Meta tag tells a search engine how to index your site from a given web page. Index means that the search engine should index this page, Noindex means that it should not. Follow means that it should follow any other links to your other pages, Nofollow means it should not. Generally, you would select the index and follow to instruct a search engine to index that page and the rest of your site.
Copyright: Enter your copyright information.
Language: Select the language that your web page uses.
Here are some tips to ensure that in case you use this tool for SEO purposes, it won’t rebind.
1. Each page should have its own unique page title.
2. Your primary keywords should occur early in your page title (from word position 2 to 5 or so).
3. Generic words such as "website home" or "welcome to" usually should not appear in your page title.
4. Don't forget to use relevant keyword modifiers in your page title to help draw in more relevant traffic.
5. Search engines such as Google may display the first 65 to 70 characters from your page title in their search results.
6. Ensure your page title differentiates your site from competing sites.
Meta Description Tips
1. Somewhat Important: Many search engines use the Meta description tag in their search results. Good Meta description tags can help improve your click-through rate.
2. Your Meta description should read well as many human eyes will see it in many search results.
3. Should be a sentence to a couple sentences long.
4. Each page should have its own unique Meta description.
5. Should reinforce the keywords in the page title, targeting alternate versions.
6. Should typically use multiple versions of the keywords and keyword phrase modifiers, hitting other permutations that are not heavily focused upon in your page title.
7. Your Meta description should also help differentiate your site from competing ranked sites.
Meta Keywords Tips
1. Not important: It is not used by most search engines since it is highly susceptible to spam and users never see it.
2. Should consist of a couple of the main keywords used to describe that page.
3. Former Yahoo! Search engineer Jon Glick stated that the Meta keywords tag is used for inclusion within a subset of search results, and has no effect on relevancy.
4. Is only created for machines.
Meta Tags Summary - Check and Analyze
We advise you to put these tags on all your pages, not only on the index page. If you make specific Meta tags that equal the information on the page, the search engines will index all the pages separately. Are you absolutely sure you've put the Meta tags in a correct way on your web-page?
1. Read why Meta tags are important and how they affect the search engines.
2. Use our website analyzer to get professional advice from the Meta tags experts.
3. Submit your website to search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing etc.).